[gdal-dev] WCS driver

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Oct 29 03:49:44 PDT 2017

> So, treat lat,lon and north,east always as exceptions. And in this case
> add an option to make that exception when appropriate and when writing
> the BoundingBox into the request. (But not when reading GridOrigin.
> However, I still have to see what other servers say.)

I'm not sure what you exactly mean with "option". I'd see more that as a code
branch ("if WCS >= 1.1 with SRS with unusual axis order, do axis inversion"),
rather than something user visible. Similarly to what the WMS driver does in
WMS 1.3 vs WMS 1.1

We may need to expose an advanced user option to deal with broken servers to
avoid doing axis inversion although it would be normally required.