[gdal-dev] WCS driver

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 01:54:56 PDT 2017

Ari Jolma kirjoitti 24.10.2017 klo 17:07:

> Whoa! How hard can XML be? I have a real Capabilities document (from
> well known company) which defines *both* default and ows namespace to
> http://www.opengis.net/ows/2.0.

Seems that XML is actually much harder than that :)

XML namespaces can be declared in any element and then they are in
effect in that element and in all of its children unless they override
the namespace declarations.

For example Rasdaman seems to write XML like that.

I'm wondering how much benefit there is from looking into the namespaces
in WCS responses. Probably not much in practise. Not a lot of benefit
from a lot of work if I implement those rules.

Ari