[gdal-dev] WCS driver

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 23:33:04 PDT 2017

Even Rouault kirjoitti 30.10.2017 klo 22:41:

> On lundi 30 octobre 2017 10:54:56 CET Ari Jolma wrote:
>

> > XML namespaces can be declared in any element and then they are in
>
> > effect in that element and in all of its children unless they override
>
> > the namespace declarations.
>

> Yes, XML can be a pain.
>
> Did you see my past suggestion of just stripping all namespace
> prefixes from elements with
>
> CPLStripXMLNamespace(psRoot, NULL, TRUE) ?

Yes. I dropped the examine of namespaces from my code and use the above
namespace dropper instead.

If we want to support at some point namespaces later in some case, maybe
a similar function that fixes namespace prefixes to something we decide
would be used. I mean that after the method, we would be sure the
prefixes for "http://www.opengis.net/wcs/2.0" are "wcs" for example.

One thing CPLStripXMLNamespace could perhaps do is remove the namespace
definition attribute nodes from element nodes.

Ari