[gdal-dev] RFC68: C++11 compilation mode - Call for vote on adoption

Joaquim Luis jluis at ualg.pt
Thu Sep 7 08:59:57 PDT 2017

Thanks Even and Mateusz for clarifying this.

And since more people are probably confused as well I find 16 copies of
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll in my machine that has a updated Win10 +
VS compilers. Among them, those installed by

Firefox
TortoiseSVN
MikTex
VScode
OneDrive
and others

curiously I have none in the Windows directory but looked at another Win
10 computer that has no Compilers installed, and found them only under
System32, SysWOW64 and an Windows Avast subdir.
Well, the usual Windows mess.

In summary, it seams fair to require that Win7 users will need to install
the the VS2015 redistribuable while the others should not need to install
anything else.

Joaquim