[gdal-dev] RFC68: C++11 compilation mode - Call for vote on adoption

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Sep 8 07:51:22 PDT 2017

On 2017-09-08 9:43 AM, jratike80 wrote:
> Kurt Schwehr-2 wrote
>> Now that Tamas has added the msvc2015/2-17SDK's, I'd like to call a vote
>> by
>> the PSC on RFC68: C++11 compilation mode.

MS4W binaries for GDAL based on MSVC 2015 have been out there since
almost a year now; although the current stable MS4W is still based on
MSVC 2012 (stable MS4W is downloaded 6,000 times per month), I'll be
moving stable to MSVC 2015 shortly, as it gives proper support for both
PHP7 and Python3 builds.  As mentioned already, many other GDAL
dependencies are moving to C++11, even the latest MrSID SDK requires
this.  My opinion: this new GDAL requirement for C++11 can be annoying
to packagers, but it is necessary.

+1

-jeff

--