[gdal-dev] git(hub) migration ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Sep 9 08:27:33 PDT 2017

On samedi 9 septembre 2017 07:29:23 CEST Kurt Schwehr wrote:
> I have a bunch of svn based scripts that I use daily, but I would be
> happily trash my current work flow for github.
>
> I would prefer option 3, but option 2 would be okay too.
>
> I think that the utility of github pull requests is just too valuable to go
> with option 1.
>
> I really need to rewatch the classic "Git for Ages 4 and up"...
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ffBJ4sVUb4

We'll probably have to do a CONTRIBUTING.md whose one part would give hints for the
common commands and workflows. Like recommandations for contributors to how to clean
their pull requests to squash meaningless iterations (thinking to "try to fix Travis", "attempt
2", "hopefully this is good now", "arf, still not quite", ... style commits) into a clean history.