[gdal-dev] Opening VRT files within zip archive using /vsizip

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Sep 26 14:21:09 PDT 2017

On mardi 26 septembre 2017 13:08:18 CEST Scott Arko wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I have found an odd behavior using the /vsizip driver and I'm hoping
> someone on this list can explain what is happening.

Scott,

this is a GDAL bug. I've just fixed it per
https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/7056

The Python bindings are more sensitive to errors than the C/C++ code, so when an error is
emitted and not cleared, they will refuse to open the dataset.

No workaround I can think of, apart applying the fix in the ticket, or unzipping the file.

Even