[gdal-dev] ERDAS ECW SDK 5.40 and GDAL2.24 doesnt compile

jorge.dejesus jorge.dejesus at geocat.net
Fri Apr 6 01:22:31 PDT 2018

Hi to all

I am having problems compiling with ERDAS ECW SDK 5.40 and GDAL2.24  in
Alpine 3.6  it reports

/tmp/gdal-2.2.4/.libs/libgdal.so: undefined reference to
`NCS::CView::SetPendingView(unsigned int, unsigned int*, unsigned int,
unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int,
double, double, double, double)'
/tmp/gdal-2.2.4/.libs/libgdal.so: undefined reference to
`NCS::CView::Close(bool)'
/tmp/gdal-2.2.4/.libs/libgdal.so: undefined reference to
`NCS::CView::UpdateFileInfo()'

This looks like a problem getting to the lib or a signature change, I
couldnt find any info online

I have created a Docker with the problem:

https://github.com/jorgejesus/gdal-ecw

I run the same with lower SDK versions and I got other errors related to
phtreads and not with this specific reference,

I am not certain if this is a bug or some problem from my side so I am
sending an email here before reporting an issu

Thank you

Jorge