[gdal-dev] ImportFromESRIStatePlaneWKT access from python

Glen Rice - NOAA Federal glen.rice at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 9 06:27:43 PDT 2018

Thanks Even,

>From the SetStatePlane docs
<https://www.gdal.org/classOGRSpatialReference.html#a4e0f1e23207c157f72388717c35be88c>
it says
"""
nZone State plane zone number, in the USGS numbering scheme (as distinct
from the Arc/Info and Erdas numbering scheme."""
which would seem to indicate that using the FIPS code in place of the USGS
numbering scheme will lead to erroneous results.  It appears that my best
path forward with FIPS within GDAL with python would be to read
the Lib/site-packages/osgeo/data/gdal/esri_StatePlane_extra.wkt file
directly and build a small converter utility.

Glen

--
Glen Rice
Hydrographic Systems and Technology Branch