[gdal-dev] ImportFromESRIStatePlaneWKT access from python

Glen Rice - NOAA Federal glen.rice at noaa.gov
Fri Aug 17 13:54:42 PDT 2018

This is a followup comment for completeness in case someone else tries to
go down the same path of ingesting the ImportFromESRIStatePlaneWKT file
directly.

I found that when I used the resulting wkt directly in an instance
of osr.CoordinateTransformation I got the following error:
"""
ERROR 6: No translation for Lambert_Conformal_Conic to PROJ.4 format is
known.
Wrong number or type of arguments for overloaded function
'CoordinateTransformation_TransformPoint'.
  Possible C/C++ prototypes are:
    OSRCoordinateTransformationShadow::TransformPoint(double [3])
    OSRCoordinateTransformationShadow::TransformPoint(double
[3],double,double,double)
"""

After some mucking around I found that updating the PROJECTION from
"Lambert_Conformal_Conic" to "Lambert_Conformal_Conic_2SP" fixed the
problem.

Kind regards,
Glen

--
Glen Rice
Hydrographic Systems and Technology Branch