[gdal-dev] GPKG: int16 with scale

Idan Miara idan at miara.com
Mon Dec 10 06:29:09 PST 2018

Hi,

I'm trying unsuccessfully to save Int16 dataset with scale != 1.0 in GPKG.

If I understand correctly the remark about "Tiled gridded coverage data"
here:
https://www.gdal.org/drv_geopackage_raster.html
I expect offset and scale for Int16 to be supported in gdal.

I tried to gdal_translate an int16 dataset from GTiff to GPKG and the scale
value is lost (at lease as far as QGIS is concerned).
I also translated the output gpkg back to GTiff and verified that the scale
is 1.0 instead of 2.0 as in my original GTiff.

I've tried edit the gpkg db with a sqlite editor and edit the scale value
manually and reloaded it in QGIS but then QGIS shows weird values (I
expected values around 600, without scaling I get values around 300 and
after changing the scale value manually from 1.0 to 2.0 I get values >
32,000).

any suggestions?

Kind regards,
Idan