[gdal-dev] gdalwarp ignoring scale and offset

Erik Heinz eh0907-osgeo at 42net.de
Mon Dec 10 11:11:33 PST 2018

Hello everyone,

I like to use geotiff files with UInt16 raster bands and scale/offset
metadata for saving cm-resolution elevation data in an efficient way.

In principle, this works well with gdal. As of version 2.3.2, however,
gdalwarp seems to silently drop the offset and scale values. I'm inclined to
say, this has been working in the past. But I am not sure.
gdal_translate on the contrary leaves scale and offset intact.

Maybe, someone can look into this. Thank you.

Best regards,
Erik