[gdal-dev] GDAL 2.3.3 rc2 available

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat Dec 15 00:44:24 PST 2018

Marco,

A few remarks:

1) Please build with ./configure --with-proj[=/path/to/proj/prefix]
so that classic linking is done, and GDAL doesn't have to guess the exact name
of the shared object. The dlopen() loading of it is deprecated and will be
completely removed in GDAL 2.5.0

2) the absence of PROJ during the tests is known to break many tests

3) Some of the messages you get are expected. Some tests emit warnings /
errors on purposs and miss silencing them (or sometimes it is not possible to
silence). With GDAL 2.4 and the refactoring of the autotest suite with pytest,
such verbosity is eliminated

4) cygwin is not really "supported", that is we don't have any continuous
integration for it, and anything not tested doesn't work (that's my mantra).

5) For the ogr_index errors you get, looking a bit at the case I see code like
the following in ogr/ogrsf_frmts/mitab/mitab_miffile.cpp

#ifndef _WIN32
    /*-----------------------------------------------------------------
     * On Unix, make sure extension uses the right cases
     * We do it even for write access because if a file with the same
     * extension already exists we want to overwrite it.
    TABAdjustFilenameExtension(pszTmpFname);
#endif

I suspect that the _WIN32 macro is defined for Cygwin, so the case adjustement
is not done, whereas it should since Cygwin is probably case sensitive.

I guess the ogr_mitab_6 crash you get is related since the ogr_index involves
mapinfo indexes.

Thanks for your testing,

Even