[gdal-dev] Pre-RFC for OGRSpatialReference use in GDAL and changes in how to deal with axis order issues

Andrew C Aitchison andrew at aitchison.me.uk
Wed Dec 19 03:29:09 PST 2018

On Wed, 19 Dec 2018, Even Rouault wrote:

> On mercredi 19 décembre 2018 06:30:30 CET Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
>> Do we need to consider (real and false) precision when converting between
>> OGRSpatialReference and string ?

My concern is that since since a WKT1 string encodes floating point
values as strings and an OGRSpatialReference stores them as doubles,
a round trip (eg saving to file and reading back, or vice versa)
will sometimes not preserve the last digit(s).

My reference to "false precision" was something like 1.1 becoming
eg. 1.1000000000001

Looking in more detail at your proposal, I guess this wont bring up
anything new, since we are using the existing routines
OGRSpatialReference::importFromWkt() and GetSpatialRef()->ExportToWkt1()
where this issue will have already been considered.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison					Cambridge, UK
 			andrew at aitchison.me.uk