[gdal-dev] Vector Tiles in OGR

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 03:28:36 PST 2018

Hi all

No there's no standard about non-Webmercator usage of vector tiles.
TileJSON spec. leaves open how CRS is handled which was a wise decision.
So it's up to us to come up with a proposal.

But what's bad is, that TileJSON is not even up-to-date to describe
vector tiles. At least MBTiles spec. recently got updated to 1.3.
I'm a bit frustrated about Mapbox having "no time" not even to update
the MVT specs. It's just delaying innovation.

:Stefan