[gdal-dev] Check validity of geometries before writing them into vector tiles?

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Wed Feb 14 07:10:57 PST 2018

Hi,

I admit that my test was somewhat lunatic but I took some random dataset from Finland with 68101 polygons and converted data into MVT with default settings which means that minzoom was 0.  As a result 12196 of the source polygons were written into the 0-level protobuf tile (in EPSG:3067 gridset) and none of the polygons is valid. Most polygons have too few points and those which have enough points have self-intersections.

Perhaps there should be some sort of geometry validator in the writer chain?

-Jukka Rahkonen-