[gdal-dev] Building pyramids with gdaladdo

Gil gilpeleg at live.com
Sat Feb 17 00:36:46 PST 2018

My tiff file is 19968x29952 which I understand when calculated to the 512 level goes un-even, is there anything I can do to go that extra level?
I am converting to JPEG, it works well, I don't understand how I am reaching level 18 when the original has 17.
Conversion is done like this:

gdal_translate.exe -co TILE_FORMAT=JPEG -co TILING_SCHEME=InspireCRS84Quad -co ZOOM_LEVEL_STRATEGY=LOWER -of GPKG C:\myfile.tif C:\myfile.gpkg
gdaladdo -oo TILE_FORMAT=JPEG C:\myfile.gpkg 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 254 512

I am going to display the geopackage with a custom web viewer, that works best when the upper level has only 1 tile.

Thanks.