[gdal-dev] State and future of GDAL's Java interface

Kurt Schwehr schwehr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 12:47:26 PST 2018

Another area for improvements would seem to be returning List<String>
rather than Vector for things that only return a list of strings.  Yes?

e.g. The @SuppressWarnings("unchecked") is a bummer:

  @Test
  public void fileSystemsPrefixes() throws Exception {
    @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
    // Convert from Vector.
    List<String> prefixes = gdal.GetFileSystemsPrefixes();
   assertThat(prefixes)
        .containsAllOf(
            "/vsicrypt/",
            "/vsigzip/",