[gdal-dev] gdalwarp Duplicated Pixels

CStutts cstutts at ara.com
Tue Jan 2 11:36:21 PST 2018

I'm trying to account for building parallax differences between images
collected at different viewing angles. When I use a DSM created from VRICON
data as my DEM source, I notice that building roof pixels are properly
shifted to the correct location; however, they're also left in their
original un-shifted positions. I believe this is due to these pixels
projecting to multiple locations (a higher location on a building, and a
lower location on the ground) based on the viewing angle.  If a pixel
projects to multiple locations, is there a way to have gdalwarp write a
no-data value at all locations except the highest (i.e. the unobscured
location)? Below is how I'm calling gdalwarp.gdalwarp -to RPC_DEM=vriconfile
-co COMPRESS=LZW -co INTERLEAVE=BAND -co TILED=YES -co BIGTIFF=YES -rpc -et
0 -overwrite -wo WRITE_FLUSH=YES -wo OPTIMIZE_SIZE=YES -multi -r near
-dstnodata 0 -wm 1024 -of GTIFF -t_srs EPSG:4326 infile outfile
<http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t382357/Picture1.png> Thanks,Craig