[gdal-dev] CPLJSONDocument

Dmitry Baryshnikov bishop.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 11:04:26 PST 2018

Hi everybody,

Happy new year and lot of success in 2018!

I would like to discuss my pull request
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/282

I created a thin wrapper around the json-c library which wide using in GDAL.

This is C++ interface which hides C memory management and provides nice
API. The web or disk json documents reading chunk by chunk with progress
indication also added.

In future, the json-c can be easily switch to something other without
breaking the existing code.

The CPLJSONDocument/CPLJSONObject/CPLJSONArray usage examples can be
found in frmts/pds driver and c++ unit test in autotest/cpp/test_cpl.cpp.

Is this ready to merge into the trunk? Any objections?

Best regards,
     Dmitry