[gdal-dev] Compiling ECW 3.3 on MacOSX

John Daniel jdaniel at etresoft.com
Thu Jan 4 08:27:41 PST 2018

Sorry if this is a dupe. I tend to screw up my From: address when responding to the list...

Hello Jeremy,
I do have a handy patch for this library. I will send it to you in a private e-mail. It isn’t a small patch so I don’t think I should put it on the mailing list.

I just tested it on High Sierra and it seems to build correctly. I just built the library. I didn’t try to use it or link it with GDAL. That brings me to my next question. Why do you want this old thing? It is hard to build, has questionable licensing, and there are better alternatives available. If you just need JPEG-2000 support, I would recommend the OpenJPEG project.

I have a set of Mac-specific build scripts at: (https://github.com/etresoft/OS-GIS). I haven’t run them for a while, but I will soon be getting back into this project. ECW is not included in this project.

John Daniel
Etresoft, Inc.