[gdal-dev] CPLJSONDocument

Sean Gillies sean at mapbox.com
Fri Jan 5 07:44:36 PST 2018

Hi Dmitry,

I scanned the PR and it seems reasonable to me. I'm barely a C++ programmer
at all and it's clear to me, more clear than before. That said, I'm not a
fan of wrapping things that could be replaced. Have you looked into whether
a more performant C++ JSON library could be used? I haven't run the
benchmarks, but json-c compares pretty poorly to others in
https://github.com/miloyip/nativejson-benchmark.

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 12:04 PM, Dmitry Baryshnikov <bishop.dev at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> Happy new year and lot of success in 2018!
>
> I would like to discuss my pull request https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/
> pull/282
>
> I created a thin wrapper around the json-c library which wide using in
> GDAL.
>
> This is C++ interface which hides C memory management and provides nice
> API. The web or disk json documents reading chunk by chunk with progress
> indication also added.
>
> In future, the json-c can be easily switch to something other without
> breaking the existing code.
>
> The CPLJSONDocument/CPLJSONObject/CPLJSONArray usage examples can be
> found in frmts/pds driver and c++ unit test in autotest/cpp/test_cpl.cpp.
>
> Is this ready to merge into the trunk? Any objections?
>
> Best regards,
>     Dmitry

Sean Gillies