[gdal-dev] ogrInfo error - Entry Point Not Found

john polo jpolo at mail.usf.edu
Sun Jan 28 16:04:56 PST 2018

Hi,

I am attempting to use ogrInfo to get information about a geodatabase. I
am using Windows 7 64bit. I have GDAL  installed with QGIS. The QGIS is
2.18.3, but I can't find how to tell the version of GDAL that's
installed. I don't know much about working with a lot of the OSGeo4W64
software, especially when it comes to software libraries, please bear
with me if I do not provide the necessary information.

I looked up how to read the geodatabase with PostgreSQL. It seems I need
to first use ogrInfo to read what's in the geodatabase and then maybe
get PostGIS involved. This will probably lead to another question on
another list. :) Anyway, on the Windows command prompt, I used

ogrInfo C:\directories\geodatabase.gdb

and I get this error:

"ogrinfo.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point SSL_COMP_free_compression_methods could not be
located in the dynamic link library SSLEAY32.dll

"

When I searched for "SSL_COMP_free_compression_methods", several of the
results included references to OpenSSL. Like this one:
https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/man3/SSL_COMP_add_compression_method.html

I am unsure if the problem exists in OpenSSL or in GDAL/ogrInfo. I would
appreciate someone explaining how I can address the problem so that I
can use ogrInfo.

John