[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr adding metadata

Andreas Oxenstierna ao at t-kartor.se
Mon Jul 2 00:35:24 PDT 2018

> Andreas;
>
> Thank you for your suggestion.
>
> How would this workflow handle
>
>  *
>     multiple import operations spread over time into the same database
>     and schema? The first import will yield a number of tables
>     depending on data. The second import will need to determine which
>     tables already contain a trigger and skip truncating it.

Initial import into specific empty schema. Then compare and add missing
tables in the "real" schema. Note that the S57 object schema is
something like 300 feature object classes.

>  *
>

>  *
>     adding (one or more) user specified metadata string. For example I
>     would like to add description information or name of organization
>     that produced data.

Can be done with triggers etc. as well for each import. Ask if you need
practical examples - but this is clearly outside of the GDAL list.

--
Hälsningar

Andreas Oxenstierna
T-Kartor Geospatial AB