[gdal-dev] Support for S-100 and S-102

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jul 5 10:43:01 PDT 2018

Kelly,

> I know GDAL/OGR supports S-57 format, but could not see where it supports
> S-100.
>
> Is there a plan to support the latest IHO S-100 and S-102 standards in the
> near future?

I'm not aware of anyone working on that currently.

I had difficulties finding concrete documentation about those standards
(specification and test products). From my quick search, it looks like :
- S-100 is a conceptual model,
- S-101 is for ENC encoding, a successor of S-57. Apparently still using
ISO-8211 for low level encoding.
- S-102 is bathymetric grid encoding in GeoTIFF or in BAG. So should be
already handled by GDAL

Even