[gdal-dev] Trouble Building GDAL with HDF5

Ivan Lucena lucena_ivan at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 25 14:30:34 PDT 2018

Christopher,

I believe that this problem has to do with how you build the HDF5 library. Are you building it yourself

I fight with that same problem on Linux a couple of months ago, after an HDF5 update.

The solution was to include Zlib into the HDF5 building configuration.

I don't have access to those machines anymore but on my OSX machine I am building HDF5 with those options:

$ ./configure --with-zlib=/usr/local/opt/zlib
$ make
$ make install

You can get Zlib source code from zlib.net and do the same or better yet, get the HDF5 Windows installer from HDFGroup.org. That works fine for me.

Regards,

Ivan