[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr adding metadata

Lars laasunde at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 22 02:41:02 PDT 2018

Hello folks,

Using ogr2ogr (version 2.2.3) to import s57 into PostgreSQL which works great.

What is the recommended approach for adding metadata to all inserted data?

Say I wanted to add current date to all inserted data. Does ogr2ogr support such operation? Tried using the "-mo" argument but it did not make any inpact (same result with argument as without). Ideally I do not want the client to be adding this information as a post insert operation (if even possible).

Appreciate any insight.

kind regards, Lars