[gdal-dev] Trac to GitHub

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Mar 19 07:15:06 PDT 2018

On lundi 19 mars 2018 14:55:14 CET Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> I don't think the trac tickets should be closed automatically. The ticket
> owners should decide either to close (with a meaningful comment) or copy
> it's variant to github if necessary.
> I'm fine with option #2 and #4 and preserving/updating the history would be
> a plus, but not a necessary requirement.

Yeah, we could still allow modifying existing tickets in Trac, but disable
creation of new ones. If fixing a Trac ticket in git, the committer should
make sure to add a manual message to the Trac ticket referencing the commit,
but that's acceptable I guess.

The advantage of 3) (close all tickets) is that it would be a good way to get
rid of a lot of historical tickets still opened but about which nobody really
takes care about.

Even