[gdal-dev] Concurrent and efficient access to features in OGRLayer

Julien Michel julien.michel at cnes.fr
Wed Mar 21 00:44:39 PDT 2018

Dear all,

I am writing some code that processes features from a Layer, and I am
facing two distinct problems :

1) Since the processing of features might be heavy, I would like to do
some parallel processing, but I did not find any way to iterate on
features in parallel, even for read-only / in-memory datasets. Do you
have any idea on how I could achieve that ?

2) I am using spatial filtering to retrieve a subset of the features
corresponding to a given area, and then iterate on the area to process.
My code therefore uses spatial filters quite intensively, which might be
very slow without spatial indexing and a large number of features. Is
there a way to add spatial indexing for in memory dataset ? Is it
meaningful ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Regards,

Julien