[gdal-dev] [OSGeo/gdal] Fix the datadir in gdal.pc. (#609)

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sat May 12 02:27:55 PDT 2018

On samedi 12 mai 2018 11:37:36 CEST Ari Jolma wrote:
> Even Rouault kirjoitti 12.05.2018 klo 11:18:
> > > Now I did it by creating a local clone of OSGeo/gdal and
> > >
> > > editing/committing/pushing its release/2.3 branch.
> >
> > You can use a single clone for all branches and uses git checkout to
> > switch branches.
>
> I know that but the issue here was that I had my local clone from *my
> fork* as this page seems to instruct

A single clone can have several upstream sources.

For example,

$ git remote -v
origin	git at github.com:OSGeo/gdal.git (fetch)
origin	git at github.com:OSGeo/gdal.git (push)
rouault	git at github.com:rouault/gdal.git (fetch)
rouault	git at github.com:rouault/gdal.git (push)

If you don't have a branch that is only in origin, you do

$ git fetch origin
$ git checkout release/2.3