[gdal-dev] How to Use Gdal in Microsoft Visual Studio C++

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at outlook.com
Thu Nov 1 04:03:10 PDT 2018

Athin,

If this is your target, GDAL might not be the right choice for you.

    My target just know want to try to display raster map, but i still stuck in
    this starting point. The code I run below will display an error

The GDAL API doesn't support display capabilities. If you go ahead and solve the problems that you are facing you will end up with a buffer of pixels in memory, in order to get that as an image/map into a desktop window you need to write your own code (against Microsoft APIs probably) or call some other library that have that capability.

    can someone help me regarding this and what i need to with the file i
    download from this link:https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadSource

You don't need to download the GDAL source code and compile it to follow the GDAL tutorial. You can get the binary distribution from GISInternals [https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/DownloadingGdalBinaries]

    where i need to add on VS2012?
    error c4700 uninitialized local variable 'pszFilename' used

I would advise you to take some VS and C++ tutorials/exercises to get familiar with the language itself, error messages and the programming environment.

Good luck,

Ivan