[gdal-dev] How to Use Gdal in Microsoft Visual Studio C++

Ivan Lucena ivan.lucena at outlook.com
Fri Nov 2 07:18:01 PDT 2018

Hi Athin,

I think we have some problem with the GDAL tutorials. The first example in C and C++ have the same error as your code, pszFilename is not initialized [https://www.gdal.org/gdal_tutorial.html]. It is not supposed to be a full source code sample, but anyway...

    Yeah I will take the C++ tutorials/exercise. But I need to try a bit the
    Gdal capability. I just want to try it first hand by follow the tutorial,
    but it seem there is not many example that allow to see the running of
    complete code. Did you have any GDAL sample that can share with me?

The code that I wrote for GDAL is for format-drivers (BYN, RST, GEORASTER, INGR) and GDAL driver code are usually too complex and not good example, if what you want is to developer application based on the GDAL public API.

But we do have some good code sample in other programming language that might be of you interest:

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/tree/master/gdal/swig/csharp/apps

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/tree/master/gdal/swig/java/apps

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/tree/master/gdal/swig/python/samples

Best regards,