[gdal-dev] GTiff split to smaller tiles, GDALTranslateOptions: Unknown option name -srcwin

jratike80 jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon Nov 5 14:25:16 PST 2018

Carsten L wrote
> Hi,
>
> i created an issue on github for my problem / question, but maybe it is
> better to write it here to you.
>
> https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/1066
> I think, there is a good description for my problem.
> Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Or is there another way to split huge geotiff files to smaller tiles (e.g.
> 5000 x 5000 pixel), without using python?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Carsten

Hi,

Unfortunately there does not seem to be many users who are familiar with
GDAL.NET nuget package and using C# bindings. Perhaps adding a bit more
about your problem into the mail could help. People are sometimes lazy in
following links.

Other options probably include a little bit of scripting about
gdal_translate, and using C++. And as far as I know QGIS has a special
splitting tool for that purpose.

-Jukka Rahkonen-