[gdal-dev] How to Use Gdal in Microsoft Visual Studio C++

Gigas002 gigas002 at yandex.ru
Thu Nov 8 13:32:29 PST 2018

Hi Athin,
Not exactly an answer to your question, but there is a good nuget package
for using in c#, called GDAL.NET:
https://www.nuget.org/packages/GDAL.NET/
It contains bindings, automatically added to your project after build gdal's
binary files and GdalConfiguration class that will automatically setup
GDAL/OGR environment variables and paths after you call ConfigureGdal().
About covering of .net gdal, I suppose bindings have been a bit forgotten in
community, and there some really outdated classes, that have only pre-2.0
funcs (take a look at this issue for example):
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/918
As for me, I personally use GDAL.NET bindings as a replacement for gdal
utilities (gdal_translate, gdalwarp, gdalbuildvrt etc.), I just prefer to
call them as methods from code, not as process.