[gdal-dev] Import Shapefile into SQL Server on Ubuntu

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 06:12:43 PST 2018

Hi Pete -

Your first take on the commandstring probably contains an error...

ogr2ogr -f MSSQLSpatial
"MSSQL:server=localhost;database=[database-name];username=sa;password=*****
*;trusted_connection=yes*" [path-to-shape-file]

You probably hasn't made the necessary setup with kerberos to use
"integrated security" (the  "*trusted_connection=yes*" part in the
connection string)

This command might have worked ( no trusted_connection parameter):
ogr2ogr -f
MSSQLSpatial  "MSSQL:server=localhost;database=[database-name];username=sa;password=*****"
[path-to-shape-file]

Your second take  doesn't contain the "trusted_connection" part
ogr2ogr -f MSSQLSpatial
"MSSQL:server=[server];database=[database];uid=[username];Pwd=[password];Driver={ODBC
Driver 17 for SQL Server}" [shape file]

Med venlig hilsen

Bo Victor Thomsen