[gdal-dev] Problems with GDAL_GRID

Dave Burkholder DBurkholder at nhcweb.com
Sat Oct 6 03:03:05 PDT 2018

As requested by Even, I downloaded the latest Version 2.3.2 of GDAL_GRID and ran it with the same data. I have attached an image comparing the results for 3 different versions of GDAL_GRID. The results seem to be regressing!

Up until the latest 2.3.2 version, the results compared very nicely with the ArcGIS interpolation model except for the 'NoData glitches'.

If anyone is interested, I could share the CSV and VRT input files as a 188KB zip-file. The input is typical of our single-beam echo-sounder bathymetric (underwater) data with detailed cross-sections (points every 0.35 metres) at approximately 100 m intervals down the river. Our typical cell size is 5m x 5m.

Hoping to get some response. Thanks in advance.

Regards, Dave