[gdal-dev] Creating external overviews for JP2 files?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Oct 8 04:02:27 PDT 2018

Hi Andrea,

> Hi,
> I have a JP2 file that has an unsatisfactory amount of quality levels and
> was trying to create external overviews in tiff format for it (to have
> faster views when fairly zoomed out, in a mosaic with many files).
> I was trying with the following, but it fails:

Which which driver ? JP2KAK should already have it, and I've added external
overview building to the JP2OpenJPEG driver in GDAL master a few months ago.

https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/commit/98a3985d90c2972e367a484ca40fd86f164721ec

You could likely cherry-pick it in the 2.3 branch without much trouble.

Even