[gdal-dev] Streamlining GDAL CI builds?

Sean Gillies sean at mapbox.com
Fri Sep 7 12:33:02 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I'd love to help speed up the GDAL CI builds. I think that between removing
or streamlining some targets and getting more resources on Travis and
AppVeyor, we could possibly get green lights on pull requests in 25 minutes.

I'm not familiar with the Clang static analyzer. Are there any constraints
to how finely its work can be split into parts? If these are the longest
running jobs, can they be split so that they are not the longest running
jobs?

Ubuntu precise is past EOL. Can the relatively slow builds running on
Ubuntu precise instances be deleted?

I'm mostly ignorant when it comes to Windows – would caching the OBJDIR
for  builds on AppVeyor help? Could it reduce build time by half like
ccache does for builds on Linux and OSX?

--
Sean Gillies