[gdal-dev] installing gdal in CentOS

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon Apr 1 05:24:59 PDT 2019

On lundi 1 avril 2019 13:10:37 CEST Markus Neteler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 12:02 AM Thomas Gertin <tgertin at vt.edu> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anybody know how to install gdal in CentOS?
>
> While Fedora EPEL7 only offers a GDAL 1.x package, I am trying to
> compile GDAL 2.3 in order to provide it as a RPM package:
>
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/neteler/GDAL/
>
> However, compilation is still struggling with the pdf/ driver:

Hum, your GDAL 2.3.2 is definitely a patched version from the official one
since the official one at line
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/v2.3.2/gdal/frmts/pdf/pdfdataset.cpp#L3444
has

for(int i=0;i<ocgList->getLength();i++)

and not

for (const auto &oc : ocgList) {

It looks like your GDAL copy might have some special patch that was designed
to support for a later version of Poppler on recent Fedora than the one you're
using (0.26) on RHEL7, but dropping support for older versions as well.
Perhaps you should just drop that specific patch for the RHEL7 context.

Even