[gdal-dev] FOSS4G2019: State of GDAL kind of presentation

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Sun Apr 14 10:50:14 PDT 2019

Hi,

FYI I've just submitted a proposal for a 'State of GDAL' talk.

Suggestions to improve wording and/or content of the below abstract
appreciated.

"""
After a brief introduction to the project, this talk will focus on the two
feature-oriented releases which have occurred during the last year, GDAL 2.4
and GDAL 2.5.
We will explore new drivers (Google Earth Engine Data API, NextGIS Web,
GeoJSON sequence, TileDB, ...), improved drivers (BAG, GeoTIFF with Lerc and
WebP codecs, Geospatial PDF generation…), improved algorithms (polygonal
contouring), new virtual file systems, the integration of PROJ 6 and its
benefits (proper database with definitions of coordinate reference systems and
coordinate operations, support for WKT 2, late-binding transformations)
The advance of community efforts that have lead to a revamped Python testing
suite and documentation/web site will also be presented.
"""

Even