[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr -tps with more than 1000 control points

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Aug 9 11:19:11 PDT 2019

On vendredi 9 août 2019 20:08:31 CEST Jan Hartmann wrote:
> Thanks Even. GDAL was built with Armadillo, so I'm going to test the
> GCP's. Just wanted to be sure there was no possibility of a buffer
> overflow, or something like that. The program should be able to handle
> an unlimited number of control points, right?

I'd rather say there's no hard-coded limit ;-) But the processing time will
increase with the number of GCPs: linearly when applying the result of the GCP
adjustment for each point transformed, and with an initial computation cost of
the adjustment coefficients that has a complexiy a bit below O(n^3).

Even