[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr can work purely with java bindings

Wuyyuru Ravi Teja Krishna ravitejakrishna.w at zohocorp.com
Thu Dec 12 03:28:54 PST 2019

Hello,
Iam using ogr2ogr with java bindings for file conversion. The conversion process is successful in the installed system but upon using the generated jars and library files in another system for conversion (same os configuration) it was not able to succeed since it needs proj installation. I would like to request you to suggest about any way so that i can generate in a single system and use those files for conversion on any no of systems with zero installation? the errors have occured in CentOs,Mac and linux.(CentOs is my top priority)

(If it is possible to use the files generated everywhere i mean like iam using gdal.jar and libgdalalljni.26.so, libgdal.26.so (in centos). If any more files are needed so that i can conversion doesnt cause any issues even on doing in a new system with just java installed)

CentOs:

ERROR 1: PROJ: internal_proj_create_from_wkt: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: internal_proj_create_from_wkt: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: internal_proj_identify: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: internal_proj_as_wkt: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: internal_proj_as_wkt: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: internal_proj_as_wkt: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: internal_proj_as_wkt: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: internal_proj_create: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: internal_proj_create: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: internal_proj_create_operation_factory_context: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: pj_obj_create: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: internal_proj_as_proj_string: Cannot find proj.db

ERROR 1: PROJ: pj_obj_create: Cannot find proj.db

(Note : I have installed proj from the script given in gdal/script/vagrant)