[gdal-dev] patch: s57objectclasses.csv for distance marks from IENC [add wtwdis; unlocd]

kusala nine kusala9 at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 19 15:16:57 PST 2019

These are features and attributes from the Inland ENC catalogue which is an
S-57 product specification similar to ENC - basically ENCs for inland
waterways. unlocd is UN Location Code, the unique identifier of a port and
wtwdis is "waterway distance" - both from the IENC product specification.
The clue is lower case - ENC features and attributes are always upper case,
INFORM, OBJNAM, LNDARE etc etc... So, I think it's fine to add these as the
S-57 driver needs to understand the different object ids and what they
represent. In the next version of the product specification the feature
catalogue will be embedded into the header of the iso8211 file (IHO S-101
which will replace S-57 in time). If anyone's interested in doing the
iso8211 parser for it (it uses concatenated data structures and like AML,
can't be read natively by existing GDAL drivers) I'm happy to help out -
the C++ is a tad beyond me right now but I'm aware the IHO momentum behind
S-101 particularly is picking up speed so it would be worth thinking about
at some point :-)

cheers,

JP