[gdal-dev] error compiling 2.4.0 on RHEL7

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Feb 1 01:05:05 PST 2019

On jeudi 31 janvier 2019 16:09:40 CET John Cartwright - NOAA Federal wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm having trouble compiling 2.4.0 on a RHEL 7.6 machine.  Errors like:
>
> linkhash.c:43:1: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’, ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’
> before ‘unsigned’
>  unsigned long lh_char_hash(const void *k)
>
> Compile options are listed below.  Any suggestions?

The token preceding the error where the compilation error occurs is
CPL_NOSANITIZE_UNSIGNED_INT_OVERFLOW , which is defined in cpl_port.h and
should expand to nothing with GCC
My hypothesis is that you might have a cpl_port.h file from an older GDAL
version (2.2 or older) somewhere in the filesystem that is also in the include
paths for this file.

Even