[gdal-dev] [Proposal] Move optional raw datasets to separate directory

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 08:02:34 PST 2019

Following #1250 [1] that allows deactivating drivers at configure time,
in the interest of cutting down on compile time, generated binary size and
surface of attack in case of flaws, I would like to propose to be able to
split the frmts/raw directory in 2.

raw/ would only contain rawdataset.cpp|h and would be a mandatory driver
(it is required by the vrt system)

rawmisc/ (or another name to be proposed) would contain all the other
files, and could be optionally disabled at configure time as in #1250

I'll propose a pull request for this, but prefer waiting on concensus here
before starting the task.

Best regards,
Thomas

[1] https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/1250