[gdal-dev] Extracting vector layers from Geospatial PDF

Rajesvari Parasa prkrajesvari3 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 11:47:46 PST 2019

Hi Tobias,

Thank you for suggesting this. I used the config option and my geospatial
content was intact. Here's the command:
ogrinfo ELU_PD_08_03.pdf --config OGR_PDF_READ_NON_STRUCTURED YES

it lists all relevant layers. Copy the name of the layer (say "Layername")
you want to write in shapefile and then:

ogr2ogr –f “ESRI Shapefile” footprint.shp ELU_PD_08_03.pdf Layername
--config OGR_PDF_READ_NON_STRUCTURED YES

I didn't know that *ogrinfo takes config options*. This is quite
interesting because the document of ogrinfo doesn't mention this.

Thanks again!