[gdal-dev] GDAL app won't read SRS...

TUELLER, SHAYNE R CIV USAF AFMC 519 SMXS/MXDEC shayne.tueller at us.af.mil
Fri Jan 11 17:49:47 PST 2019

Hello,

I built GDAL 2.3.1 library from source on Windows successfully. To test the library out, I tried running "gdalinfo" on a GeoTIFF file, and it reported the following error...

"ERROR 4: Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv. Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point to the directory containing EPSG csv files." The info for the SRS doesn't print.

I set the GDAL_DATA and the error goes away but I don't want to be dependent upon this setting. In previous binary versions of GDAL, I didn't need to set GDAL_DATA variable in order for gdalinfo to read and print out the SRS. Obviously I'm missing something or some dependency with the library build?

Can anyone shed light on what is going on or what I need to do to get the GDAL library to read the SRS without the need for the GDAL_DATA environment variable?

Thanks.

Shayne