[gdal-dev] gdalwarp doesn't use the VSIL curl cache ?

Maxime Riché maxime.riche.insa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 08:49:53 PST 2019

I am developing a tile server for COGTiff.
When I open a dataset, the COGTiff metadata are cached in the curl cache.
The beginning of the file is only downloaded when the first tile is served
(using the same tiff). This is as I was expecting.

But when I serve several time the same tile (only this one), I can see that
the pixels are downloaded every time (the metadata are cached). The pixels
are not cached by the VSIL curl cache. These pixels are retrieved with
gdalwarp (using a new dataset everytime).
Is that the expected behavior? Is there a way to cache the pixels (selected
by gdalwarp) ?

(
It is not a size problem:;
        - name: VSI_CACHE_SIZE