[gdal-dev] [Non-DoD Source] Re: ogr not reading the prj file

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jan 22 10:51:08 PST 2019

On mardi 22 janvier 2019 18:20:46 CET TUELLER, SHAYNE R CIV USAF AFMC 519
SMXS/MXDEC wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. However, this didn't address my question regarding why
> I don't need GDAL_DATA defined in gdal 1.11 in order for SRS info to print
> out...

If software didn't change between versions, there would be no point in
releasing new versions :-)

So yes since GDAL 2.3, the shapefile driver now needs to access to the GDAL
resource .csv files for nominal behaviour. (Actually if they are absent, you
should still get the same, or similar, result as in 1.11)

Even