[gdal-dev] gdal_translate of VRT file with overlapping files. Target pixel value selection.

Christoph Paulik cpaulik at vandersat.com
Fri Jan 25 05:36:23 PST 2019

Hi,

We have a VRT file in which some regions overlap. As far as I can tell
a gdal_translate of the VRT into a GTIFF just takes the value of the
first file it encounters for a given target pixel.

Is there a way to specify an averaging method for such cases e.g. take
the mean, max, min etc.?
If not possible yet would that be a feature that would be of interest?

Cheers,
Christoph

--
Christoph Paulik // Head of Infrastructure
VanderSat // Satellite observed water data. Globally. Daily.